Episode 38, ‘Chess is where I learned to trash talk’, on board games
In this week’s episode, Dave and Steve meander around the topic of board games.
- Intro Clip: Louis CK – Live at the Beacon Theater
- Board game cafes improve on all the traditions of dog fighting.
- Dave compares Settlers of Catan to the reefer.
- Steven besmirches Monopoly‘s good name.
- Steve starts an ordered list, then embeds a sublist in the first item, and forgets about the original list.
- Dave drops a subtle hint about his forthcoming child.
- Hey Steven, maybe you should read the Illinois Chess Association etiquette guidelines.
- Apparently Sorry: The Angry Birds Edition doesn’t exist… yet.
- Dave and Steve share their top secret Game of Thrones: The Board Game strategy. Listen and weep, Geoff.
- Steve likes setting up the game board.
- Scrabble ends up being the keystone for this episode.
- Dave pronounces Agricola like a hipster does.
- Steven uses visual metaphors.
- Dave and Steve are Terra Mystica Grandmasters.
- Presumably triggering the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon for someone, Steve references Rube Goldberg machines.
- Steve likes playing board games by himself.
- Steve throws himself under the bus and attempts to drag Dave along for the ride. Dave does not approve.