Episode 5, ‘The Darjeeling Dip’, on Wes Anderson
Dave and Steven discuss the whimsy, melancholy and symmetry of Auteur Wes Anderson.
- Intro Clip: Bottle Rocket
- Wes Anderson-isms
- Our first experience
- The pastel, kitschy ‘look’
- Story narrators vs. visual narrators; framing devices and framing shots
- A surprising number of references to Quentin Tarantino
- Wes Anderson’s American Express Commercial
- What’s next after The Grand Budapest Hotel?
- The difficulty of improvising in his style
- Bottle Rocket Short Film