Episode 61, ‘Treat you like Pixar’, Part III on Walt Disney Animation Studios
This week, Dave and Steve finish cataloguing their thoughts on Walt Disney Animation Studios, chatting about the rest of the films from The Little Mermaid to Moana. For some, this is a somber episode as The Style Guide moves on from a long list of well loved and important films from childhood. For others, we received your hatemail, and we read you loud and clear: no more saying anything bad about your childhood. We get it, Nicole, but you didn’t have to send us death threats. Geeze. They’re only films.
- Intro Clip: Zooptopia.
- Dave changes the intro and we are all worse for it. Steve acts like nothing has happened.
- Steve makes it clear that he is incapable of experiencing joy.
- It becomes evident that Steve has not seen Moana yet.
- LeFou, Dave. His name is LeFou.
- How white is Steve? This white.
- Dave should make explosion noises more often.
- Dave and Steve treat us all to one of the dumbest conversations one could possibly have about The Little Mermaid.
- Sounds like Steve needs to Journey to a New World (but not a whole new world)
- Steve has no idea how cars work, despite knowing how Cars works.
- Dave can’t tell the difference between a Disney film and a Pixar film, but that’s his fault, not theirs.
- Hi Steve’s mom.
- Steve’s deadpan sense of humour earns him no friends.
- Steve mistakes Donny Osmond for a celebrity.
- Wes, we’re waiting on you…
- Dave talks, at length, about the supple, sensual feeling of VHS cases.
- Dave slanders Mulan‘s good name.
- Steve’s love of Hannah Montana causes him to say some weird things.
- Steve flaunts Dave’s child privilege.
- Steve references a completely fictional ukulele album.