Episode 66, ‘He’s not a hero’, on Logan
Is The Style Guide back or did Dave and Steve just really want to talk about Logan? Probably the latter, given that One Offs has launched and they’re busy talking television (and you should all check that out). So appreciate them while they’re here folks. This week, the gang join almost everyone on the Internet to talk about Logan and how awesome a film it is.
- Intro Clip: Logan
- While normally The Style Guide isn’t in the habit of pointing its audience elsewhere before the podcast has even started, both Movies with Mikey and Nerdwriter offered great takes on Logan.
- Dave offers the smoothest topic segue ever.
- As you have all missed, Steve is quick to drop a terrible joke.
- Has Steve always pronounced “for” as “fur”? Really?
- Orr is on a last name basis with Xavier, whereas Dave respects the office enough to call him Professor X.
- Oh sure, guys, ignore the importance of the Blade series, just because you’re racist against daywalking vampires.
- Does Dave really really not care that Steve calls Tobey Maguire “Superman”?
- With thanks (apologies?) to Silverchair and Pearl Jam.
- As he co-hosts a podcast about a superhero movie based on a comic book character, Dave calls Steve a nerd.
- In some ways, Logan is a gritty reboot of Beavis and Butt-head Do America.
- Dave likes it when Hugh Jackman is desperate.
- Dave and Steve are clearly in love with the aesthetic of this movie. Get a room.
- Dave’s parenting ethos seems kinda harsh.
- Under what grounds does X-24 count as a robot, Steve? Didn’t you do a bunch of episodes on the topic?
- In a fight against the dark versions of themselves, Dave Prime and Steve Prime would probably lose.
- Case in point: Steve does a perfect imitation of a sad fawn.
- Dave can’t help but bring up Die Hard.
- Dave has decided to exclusively watch rom-coms from now on.