Episode 17, ‘Hey Adults in the Audience, Cry about This for a Second’, on Pixar films
In this episode of Dave’s favourite podcast, Dave and Steven discuss the good and the bad of Pixar movies…although, let’s be honest. They mostly just discuss the good.
- Intro Clip: The Incredibles
- Dave and Steve aren’t the same age.
- No, we will not be talking about the Cars movies.
- Steve suggests that they will not be discussing Pixar’s shorts.
- Dave starts discussing Pixar’s shorts.
- “Toy Story is Magic and Whimsy and Fantasy”.
- What is the difference between Toy Story, Toy Soldiers, & Small Soldiers?
- Pixar is good at living in the real world of childhood experiences: divorce, youth obesity, and mass genocide.
- Just how important is this Joss Whedon guy?
- No wasted space
- Dave has something important to tell Steven.
- Adult themes hidden in the films, but not ‘hidden’ like the Shrek films.
- Genocide really seems to upset Dave.
- Yet again, Dave finds another sports movie that we missed in episode 6.
- Steven lies about when The Style Guide is going to do an episode on The Good Dinosaur.
- Inside Out makes Dave think he’s smarter than babies.
- Dave describes, in depth, his fantasies.
- The importance of thinking through the logical consequences of novel premises.
- Inside Out > Inception
- Pixarification of Disney or the Disneyification of Pixar?
- What’s love got to do with it?
- Let Pixar be Pixar.
Potentially Unexpected Spoilers