Episode 18, ‘Renting out Rick Moranis’, Actor Profile: Rick Moranis
In this episode Dave and Steven do another actor profile. This time following the short, and sweet career of the world’s most beloved nerd: Rick Moranis.
- Intro Clip: “Nine More Gallons” by Rick Moranis
- Dave slips in a reference to himself as “a great Canadian”.
- Dave and Steve support making fun of Can-con regulations.
- Today’s podcast is sponsored by the word “trajectory”.
- Ghostbusters paved the way for Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
- Before nerds were cool, Moranis thrived on the adult nerd character.
- Dave isn’t jazzed by country music.
- Listeners, you have all just been categorized into “Dave’s People” and “Steve’s People”. As it turns out, almost everyone is “Steve’s People”.
- Dave starts to sound like Rick Moranis is either his spirit animal or soulmate.
- Rick Moranis was originally cast as Phil in City Slickers, but had to drop out because of [Sad part of the Podcast].
- Dave and Steve make completely unsubstantiated claims about Rick Moranis as a father.
- Steven does something shocking.
- A brief comparison of Danny DeVito and Rick Moranis — and, implicitly, John Goodman and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The Flintstones (1994) is The Dark Knight version of the 1960s The Flintstones.
- Dave becomes the guy who makes the decision.
- This may be our giddiest episode yet.
- Dave and Steve believe everything that they read on Wikipedia.
- Uh. Hey Dave? Authoritatively.
- Not satisfied with an entire episode making fun of Nicolas Cage, Dave and Steven go out of their way to harp on him some more.
- Are Dave and Steve Internet bullies?
- Little Giants is to Steve as The Mighty Ducks 2 is to Dave.
- Steve makes a pun, points out the fact that he made the pun, then Dave explains the pun.
- If Mel Brooks, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Wes Anderson are looking for movie plots, this episode is the one for them.