Episode 19, ‘The Good Enough Dinosaur’, on The Good Dinosaur
In this Episode Dave and Steven discuss the good and bad of the newest pixar creation: The Good Dinosaur.
- Intro Clip: The Good Dinosaur
- Dave talks about his experience watching teenagers make out. As a reminder, Dave is a 34 year old man.
- Regarding 3D: Dave and Steve used to watch movies uphill, in the snow, both ways.
- Hopefully this is the last episode where Steve brags about “not watching” trailers.
- Pixar: From Uncanny Valley to the Singularity.
- Steven inserts himself into the contentious debate on whether Brontosaurus excelsus belongs in the genus A. excelsus.
- Does “longneck” sound racist to anyone else?
- Dave uses the word “boner”.
- A five minute stretch where Dave and Steve tear apart a kids movie for lacking subtlety.
- The moral of this film: You need to change who you are, because you are not good enough.
- Other moral: You gotta keep ’em separated.
- Continuing a long-standing debate, Dave uses the word “literally” to mean “not in a literal manner”. Twice.
- Steve makes a pun without realizing it, realizes it, and points it out. Dave responds with “boom”.
- Dave finally admits that he’s racist towards people that aren’t human.
- Steven complains that this movie didn’t include negotiations with the Trade Federation.
- Dave swears.
- Okay, Dave and Steve, you are clearly in a bad space today, but Spot is our friend and Pixar are septuple Oscar winners. Are you?
- Steven has an agenda?
- Steven is pretty sure this song was in the movie.
- Dave renames the film. It’s a bit of a mouthful, but it works.
- Then he renames it again. Less of a mouthful this time.
- Dave suggests that it’s not a real relationship unless it is filled with lies.