Episode 42, ‘Tatooine doesn’t have any beaches’, on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
In this episode, which was recorded and released in late June and anyone who says otherwise a liar, Dave and Steve go pretty far down the rabbit hole of nerdy analyses. Abandon all hope ye who enter here, because Dave and Steve chat about Rogue One and the teaser trailer.
Just be clear, this episode is about the Rogue One Teaser Trailer released in April and not the Rogue One Trailer Trailer released in August. Dave and Steve have no idea what happens in the latter. Because this episode came out on June 27th and not September 26th.
- Intro Clip: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- Dave tries to prevent Steven from being a weirdo.
- “Force Badassery”.
- Sometimes a title is just a title, guys.
- Organa’s Eleven
- Many Bothans died to fact check this podcast.
- Are they going to de-age Carrie Fischer for this film? If so, which of the Michaels will be: Caine, Douglas, or Downey Jr.?
- Steven proves, yet again, that he is racist towards English people with his Downton Abbey assumptions.
- Yeah, sure guys. As if anyone believes that you know Primetime Emmy Award winning actor, Tatiana Maslany.
- Caroline Blakiston portrayed Mon Mothma in Return of the Jedi; Genevieve O’Reilly portrayed the same character in both Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One; and Kath Soucie voiced that character in Clone Wars.
- Dave says “less” when he means “fewer”.
- Dave describes an axe fight as intimate.
- Steve, normally a “can do” person, doesn’t really believe himself able to make a Death Star.
- Dave does the accents for everyone from the trailer.
- Darth Vader is the Kylo Ren of the Star Wars universe.
- Why do Dave and Steve refer to Forest Whitaker as “our man”? Is this another Tatiana Maslany thing?
- Steve does the accent thing too. Then Dave and Steve talk over each other, doing the accent thing.
- Steve puts his single semester of Engineering to good use and explains the nature of fluid dynamics to Dave.
- It’s Kathleen Kennedy whose job it is to Make Star Wars Great Again.
- Dave and Steve promise to give this treatment to the trailer trailer, whenever it eventually comes out. They are lying liars though, so that probably won’t happen.
- This will be the last episode of The Style Guide for the summer, but worry not faithful listener, Dave and Steve will be back soon enough. See you in a few months!