Episode 43, ‘It’s Dumb to Say, But The Magic Isn’t Here’, on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
In this episode, Dave and Steve hate-read the latest offering in the Harry Potter universe.
- Intro Clip: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- Steve has a terrible confession that is going to shock everyone.
- Dave and Steve like ideas.
- Back to the Future: Part II > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Steve uses the play’s own words against it.
- It’s hard to tell whether Scorpius or Albus is a worse name.
- Dave tests Steve’s knowledge of the titles of Harry Potter novels. Steve gets one wrong.
- Hey Dave? This sure looks a lot like this.
- Steve talks a lot about the concept of a “Harry Potter and the…” story. It’s just as confusing when he says it out loud.
- Harry Potter and Another Cursed Child: Electric Boogaloo: Fury Road
- Sounds a lot like Dave and Steve think this would have been better off taking the Scream 3 route — or even Scream 4.
- Dave and Steve sound sad a lot.
- Uh, Steve, people constantly compare Harry to his parents. Like, multiple times in every book.
- Harry Potter and the Midlife Crisis
- Dave and Steve try to be positive. Guess how well that goes.
- Dave explains the harsh realities of pregnancy.
- Just a reminder everyone, Harry Potter was born of the force. That’s canon.
- Steven doesn’t like plays that he can’t put on at his local community theatre.
- Dave lets Steve ramble like an idiot about Aristotle for a while.
- Dave has a crush on Ginny.
- Harry Potter and the Play that Jack Thorne Really Wanted To Put On, Even Though Nobody Wanted Him To
- Steve experiences the passage of time, but Dave doesn’t think that’s a problem.
- Instead of reading Cursed Child, Dave recommends you go watch Back to the Future.
- Instead of reading Cursed Child, Steve recommends you go to Norway.