Episode 50, ‘This Meta Episode’, on The Style Guide
This week, Dave and Steve decide that they need to go deeper and do an entire episode on themselves. That’s right folks, episode 50 is dedicated to exploring the prior 49 episodes of The Style Guide. Follow along as they tell you all about how the (tofu) sausage is made. Listen to just how Dave and Steve prepare. Find out well kept secrets like “who edits the podcast?” and “what genius writes the shownotes?”.
We promise, it isn’t as boring as it sounds. Or your money back.
- Intro Clip: The Style Guide, Episode 13: They Create The Art That They Want To Hear.
- Dave refers to this as the “50th Anniversary Podcast” which is, obviously, a complete and total lie. It’s just the 50th episode.
- Thus far, Dave and Steve have 2.2 recorded days of them style guiding.
- Dave claims that he isn’t the one who makes ridiculous statements.
- Dave suggests that they do an episode by episode breakdown of The Style Guide, because he’s a madman.
- Steve libels Dave’s good name.
- Steve references a super secret, unreleased episode.
- Dave one-ups him and references a private roadtrip conversation. I guess what happens in Calgary doesn’t stay in Calgary…
- Did you know that even though Dave and Steve are different people they have similar influences?
- For Dave, knowledge is both love and power.
- Dave spoils the mystical numerology behind The Style Guide.
- Julia Roberts is a metre stick. From the way Dave says it, that sounds like a good thing.
- Regarding Frasier, Dave complisults Steve.
- Dave really doesn’t want to do a Star Wars episode.
- Shoutout to the folks at Trello who don’t pay Dave and Steve anything, but without which this show probably couldn’t be done.
- Steve and Dave admit that they don’t do this for you. Yes, you.
- Missie isn’t allowed to talk to Dave.
- Steve and Dave missed a lot in their board game episode. That might be their biggest regret.
- While Steve actually hates, Dave is only pretending to love.
- Dave made this.
- Steve doesn’t ask Dave whether he’s more proud of The Style Guide or of his son.
- Disney was just like Disney to Dave.
- Steve begins an airing of grievances in the last two minutes. Then Dave says something nice about Steve just to make him feel bad.