Your intrepid hosts just can’t help themselves this week as they dive into Star Trek: Discovery with Season 1, Episode 4, ‘The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry’. They go overtime, because of course they do. Nerds. This episode title is so long the podcast is half over by the time they get through saying it.
CBS summarizes the episode thusly: “With tensions and stakes high as Starfleet continues in their efforts to end the war with Klingons, Burnham begins to settle in to her new position aboard the U.S.S. Discovery.”
- ‘The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry’ is available on CraveTV in Canada. It’s proving to be a hard show to pay money for.
- Dave and Steve accidentally make a statement about gun regulation.
- This seems apropos.
- Star Trek: Discovery: It’s what’s new!
- Discovery is about making discoveries; Voyager was about the voyage home; and Enterprise was about trying to win lotteries and raffles.
- Dave, as the podcast’s resident old man, is an expert in what makes things old.
- Steve makes an entirely expected 90s reference.
- It is unclear whether Steve understands the difference between subtitles and closed captioning.
- Dave says some pretty racist stuff about Klingons.
- Steve briefly forgets Patrick Stewart’s name and hopes nobody noticed. We noticed, Steve. We all noticed.
- Warning: there are puns in this episode.
- Dave’s love of Whoopi Goldberg strikes again.
- Dave and Steve tread carefully so as to make an important point — and, surprisingly, nobody puts their foot in their mouth.
- … Except when he starts talking about the Scottish.